Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Giving Back

I am very fortunate to be working for a company that is as passionate about philanthropy as I am. Since 1999, my company has contributed millions of dollars of in-kind donations to nonprofit organizations, schools, and hospitals around the country. Wow! This summer I had the opportunity to lend my support to the Special Olympics at UC Davis as well as the Children's Hospital's Angels of Hearts: When I Grow Up right here in Sacramento. I had a great time with the attendees as well as with my colleagues at both events, and could not wait to take part in the next one. So a couple weeks ago when my boss asked if I would be interested in coordinating our last charity event of the year, I immediately took the offer. The event took place this Saturday and it was a fun-filled day with hundreds of children running around doing exactly what they needed to do; just have a blast!  I met a lot of parents and awesome little kids but one person, in particular, who made my experience especially memorable was a young girl named Heather who survived cancer twice. Twice! Way to go, Heather. Most people think giving lifts only the spirit of those who are receiving, but the truth is it does just as much, if not more, for the ones giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment